Chimney Caps and Liners
With the extreme cold of winter in Illinois, a fireplace is a necessity that can make a huge difference in the comfort of your home. Damaged chimney caps and liners, however, could prevent you from a night in front of the fire.
Keep your chimney in good working order and stay warm by calling Joneson Roofing and Home Repair in Chicago. Fully licensed and insured, we can take care of your chimney caps and liners, as well as other home repair needs.
A fireplace and chimney is not always the easiest home item to maintain. Getting regular work done can ensure that it functions properly and that you do not have to face expensive repairs down the road.
Joneson Roofing recommends that you inspect all parts of your fireplace before every winter season, from the ash dump and firebox to the exterior vent on your roof. Catching an issue early can ensure that you are set for each winter and that you do not have lengthy repairs.
Here are some items to look for:
- Make sure that the ash dump and firebox are structurally sound and there are not uneven surfaces or cracks and voids in the wall.
- Clean the exhaust chute regularly so you can avoid smoke buildup in your home.
- Ensure the liner and cap on your roof are not raised/missing, as this can lead to water damage on the roof and let large objects collect in the exhaust chute of your fireplace.
If you have noticed smoke buildup in your home, or you find that your chimney cap is damaged due to a storm, we encourage you to give our team a call. Joneson Roofing and Home Repair in Chicago can repair or replace clogged or broken chimney liners, as well as broken chimney caps. If you don’t have a chimney cap, here are some reasons you should consider getting one installed:
- Prevents debris from falling into your chimney
- Prevents birds and/or animals from nesting in your chimney
- Prevents embers from flying out of your chimney and landing on your roof
- Prevents snow and/or rain from falling into your home, causing water damage
Our team has experience with all types of fireplaces and roofs. This allows us to customize our plans to best fit with your home and your budget. Blanket fixes and shortcuts have no place in making repairs to a home, and Jones Roofing lives by this standard in all of our work.
A fireplace not only keeps you warm, it is a place before which you can gather with family and friends on a cold winter’s night. Don’t delay creating your own fond winter memories. Call Joneson Roofing and Home Repair in Chicago at (773) 474-4963 to schedule an estimate today.